Jefe de UTP (Unidad Técnico Pedagógica)

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by shikanina, Apr 16, 2007.

1. shikanina Senior Member

Chile, español
    How do I say Jefe de UTP in English?
    UTP means Unidad Tecnico Pedagogica
  2. fenixpollo

fenixpollo Mod, I say, Moderator

American English
    It's not clear what kind of an organization a UTP is. Can you describe it for us?
  3. shikanina Senior Member

Chile, español
    A jefe de UTP is the person in charge of the organization of a school, the subjects, the hours of the teachers, the time table etc
  4. fenixpollo

fenixpollo Mod, I say, Moderator

American English
    In elementary and secondary schools in the U.S., a principal or vice-principal is usually the person who decides all of these things. There usually isn't a person, separate from the school's principal (director) that does these tasks. If "prinicpal" doesn't seem appropriate to you, other options might be head teacher or lead teacher. Hope they help.

5. alonsomezza Member

Spanish, Chile

In chilean's school, "Jefe de UTP" (Unidad Técnico Pedagógica) is the person who makes sure teachers are doing their jobs professionally...
    What's the name of that possition or job in english?

Thank you...
  6. CumboBaz

CumboBaz Senior Member

In England it is known as the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills (Ofsted)

In Scotland it is known as Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Education (HMIE)

I think it will have many names depending on the country you mean.

7. caritol_21 New Member

chile, español
    could be

UTP manager
  8. Sherlockat

Sherlockat Senior Member

Castilian (Patagonian)
    In that case, it'd be useful a literal translation: Pedagogical-Technical Unit
    or Curricular Unit/Department