juicio oral

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by Blanquita, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Blanquita Junior Member

English, UK
    What's the official English translation of "juicio oral"?
    Many thanks.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  2. cuchuflete

cuchuflete Senior Member

Maine, EEUU
    EEUU-inglés
    Context please. And, while we're at it ¿"official" according to whom?

3. lauranazario Moderatrix

Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rico/Español & English
    Juicio oral = oral proceedings
    [Fuente: Spanish Law Dictionary-Diccionario de Términos Jurídicos, Peter Collin Publishing]

4. cuchuflete

cuchuflete Senior Member

Maine, EEUU
    EEUU-inglés
    Laura,

Muchas gracias. I'll have to find a copy. Amazing what turns up in used book stores and junk shops in rural backwaters like this...

Saludos,
    Cuchufleete

5. lauranazario Moderatrix

Puerto Rico
    I have to admit I'm a dictionary junkie... bilingual or multilingual, I buy almost everything I can get my hands on. Keep me posted if you come across a rare find. :)

6. cuchuflete

cuchuflete Senior Member

Maine, EEUU
    EEUU-inglés
    Sería un placer. You've just given me an idea. [Again!]

I think I'll start to catalogue some of my reference books. I'll happily share the file. Then, if you ever need something arcane...

Saludos,
    Cuchu

[​IMG]

7. lauranazario Moderatrix

Puerto Rico
    You know what... that sounds marvelous!!! I promise I will do the same.
    Maybe other people will be inspired to compose lists of dictionaries they own and perhaps someday we could create a "pool" of reference books that would let other enthusiasts share our collective resources. Does that sound too utopian????

What should I include on each entry... Name, author, publishing house, ISBN number.. anything else?

8. cuchuflete

cuchuflete Senior Member

Maine, EEUU
    EEUU-inglés
    Laura- you might wish to have a look at a post I threw against the wall to see if it would stick. [[Gawd, what a contorted mixed metaphor. Sorry.] Anywho,
    I put it in the Comments and Suggestions forum last night. It explains what I think would be useful.

Name, title, pub. isbn, if known, whether in print or agotado, # of pp [to give an idea of scope], date of publication [critical for technical material in some fields], edition [if relevent], and most important of all, comments.

I may be a little slow...most of my books are still in another provincia. I'll start with what I have here.

Un saludo,
    Cuchu

[​IMG]

9. lauranazario Moderatrix

Puerto Rico
    VERY interesting... Mike's comment on spammers is very appropriate. We definitely don't want those. BTW... seems you have been "volunteered" by someone to become... moderator?

P.S. Instead of Unamuno, I'd nominate Calderón de la Barca... "la vida es sólo un sueño y los sueños, sueños son".