Kapampangan: keng profile mu ne...

Discussion in 'Tagalog and Filipino Languages' started by Brady2Moss, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Brady2Moss New Member

Filipino
    Hey guys, I'm new here. I'm learning Kapampangan to impress this girl I have set my eyes on :). Anyway, I learned a number of words, but somehow I can't understand it when they add a bit of slang to it. I copied a few messages I came across the web, and I can't decipher it. To all Kapampangans out there, can you translate some of them for me? Thanks in advance.

1. keng profile mu ne, in a relationship ya. y bad boy, joseph. kaluguran ke and cousin of dessu. sabi na mabuktut ka kanita.

2. ikang kmsta??states kpa din b??0t mangalingwan nka ata?a miss dka ah gang b0lang ka neh?hehe ingat.
    >awa ati kupa states,muliku by Oct na. mimingat lagi.,

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009
  2. Sampalok282 New Member

English
    Translated that reads:

1. On your profile, you're in a relationship. That bad boy, Joseph (literal translation). He is my friend and cousin of Dessu. He said that you were pregnant back then (or before).

2. How bout you, how are you?? U stil in the states? Are you forgetting already? I miss you even though your crazy, huh? hehe Take care.
    > Oh yeah I'm still in the states, I'm going home by Oct. Take care always.

3. niernier

niernier Senior Member

Manila, Philippines
    Bicol & Filipino

:confused: I'm confused. I thought 'kaluguran' means 'love' which is used in the phrase, 'kaluguran daka'(I love you). How did you translate 'kaluguran ke'? Does it mean 'He is my friend'?

4. Brady2Moss New Member

Filipino
    Thanks sampalok, you're awesome.

5. mysticetes77 New Member

Filipino
    hi po..ano ibag sabihin ng matsura sa kapampangan?

6. niernier

niernier Senior Member

Manila, Philippines
    Bicol & Filipino
    @mysticetes77 Dapat sana ay gumawa ka na ng bagong thread dahil wala na sa topic ang tanong mo. Yan po ang gawin mo sa susunod. Yan ang rule.:rolleyes: :D

Subukan kong sagutin ang tanong mo sa sarili mong thread. :)

7. jhia Junior Member

hiligaynon
    :confused: I'm confused. I thought 'kaluguran' means 'love' which is used in the phrase, 'kaluguran daka'(I love you). How did you translate 'kaluguran ke'? Does it mean 'He is my friend'?

Ei, niernier
    Regarding your question above, KALUGURAN actually means both LOVE and FRIEND. Pronunciation however differs and it goes like this:

kalugurán - love
    káluguran - friend

káluguran ke - friend ko

8. niernier

niernier Senior Member

Manila, Philippines
    Bicol & Filipino

I see. So its just like the Tagalog word 'kaibigan' which can either mean a lover or a friend. Thank you for clearing that up for me.