1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

kontenscharf

Discussion in 'Deutsch (German)' started by oostnic, Jul 1, 2013.

1. oostnic Senior Member

Devon, UK
    English - UK
    Hello,

I am translating a text about financial planning, in which I have just encountered: "...erfolgt die IT-Planung in SAP PS kontenscharf".

From a brief hunt around Google, this appears to be a relatively new word that nevertheless has quite a few hits. But I can't find a definition/explanation anywhere. Help??

2. oberhaenslir Senior Member

German, Switzerland
    Wir benötigen den ganzen Satz und den Zusammenhang, bitte. Danke.

3. oostnic Senior Member

Devon, UK
    English - UK
    Ich habe den Satz anonymisiert:

[Firmen] hinterlegen die IT-Planung in [IT-System] auf den IT-Konten [xxxxxx]. Gleichzeitig erfolgt die IT-Planung in SAP PS kontenscharf und nach IT-Segmenten

Mehr Zusammenhang gibt's leider nicht

4. oberhaenslir Senior Member

German, Switzerland
  5. berndf Moderator

Geneva
    German (Germany)
    This is getting in the right direction. A planning is kontenscharf, if it is broken down to account level, which is the finest level of detail that can be compared with to financial accounting data.

If you plan expenditure in different categories that you record them in your financial accounting you cannot compare your planning with your actual data. E.g., if you plan your expenditure on hard disks by manufacturer but you structure your charts of accounts differently, e.g. by supplier rather than by manufacturer, than your planning is not kontenscharf because you record expenditures that pertain to different planning positions on the same account (disks from different manufacturers but purchased through the same supplier). In a kontenscharf planning, each P&L or cash flow account has to be mapped to one and only one planning position.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  6. oostnic Senior Member

Devon, UK
    English - UK
    Oh thank you oberhaenslir for your input and thank you too Bernd, that's a really clear explanation. I'll have to think of a concise way of saying that in English - will post my thoughts when I come back to this later this evening :)

7. berndf Moderator

Geneva
    German (Germany)
    I'd be interested. I've never found a concise term in English for XXX-scharf. It is a productive adjective-forming rule in statistics, econometrics and accounting/financial planning. E.g., regions constructed for statistical purposes is said to be kreisscharf, if region boundaries do nor run through Kreise (=counties) and every Kreis belongs to exactly one region.

8. oostnic Senior Member

Devon, UK
    English - UK
    Hmm - I've just been pondering it for 30 mins or so. The best I have come up with so far for 'kontenscharf' is: 'with 1:1 mapping at account level'. Not exactly concise, but is it at least correct?

9. manfy Senior Member

Singapore
    German - Austria
    Seriously?? Even after reading this whole thread I wouldn't quite understand '1:1 mapping'. ;)

Gleichzeitig erfolgt die IT-Planung in SAP PS kontenscharf und nach IT-Segmenten.
    "At the same time, the IT planning/budgeting in SAP PS is carried out on the basis of detailed accounts and in relation to IT segments."
    (I'm not sure about 'in relation to'...maybe better: in accordance with, corresponding to, according to, or along with, or +++)