korrigiert im letzten Satz

Discussion in 'Deutsch (German)' started by candel, May 8, 2013.

1. candel Senior Member

english Irish.
    Hello,

Reading Of Ferguson's resignation as manager Of Man.U.

Korrigiert im letzten Satz die Siege in der Champions League. ManU hat den Wettbewerb zweimal gewonnen.

Does this mean that they won their victories in the last gasp? I know that was true of the game with Bayern.

Korrigieren means to correct, adjust. Can someone clarify this expression please? Danke. :)

2. Hutschi

Hutschi Senior Member

Dresden, Universum
    German, Germany
    The first sentence does not make sense without grammatical subject.

Korrigiert im letzten Satz die Siege in der Champions League.
    This has the form of an imperative, but there would be an exclamation mark there. Or a subject is in the text in front of the sentence and is omitted here.

<- This/he/it corrects the victories

Im letzten Satz - this can mean "in the last sentence" but also "with the last action/jump/hop" - depending on context. Can this "with the last action" be "gasp"?

Without context - especially the omitted sentence, it is wild guessing.

ManU hat den Wettbewerb zweimal gewonnen.

3. Sowka

Sowka Forera und Moderatorin

Hannover
    German, Northern Germany
    Hello :)

I found the text. It is just a note relating to a TV presentation:
    I think that the presenter in the video mentions a wrong number (since I'm hard of hearing, I can't verify it), and the text says that it has been corrected in the written version. It's not a complete sentence, just a note. The form "Korrektur im letzten Satz: ..." would be better, in my opinion.

4. candel Senior Member

english Irish.
    Hi Sowka, hie Bernd...It was the first line in an article...oh I thought maybe it referred to the last gasp efforts in winning the Champion's league...:)

5. Frank78

Frank78 Senior Member

Saxony-Anhalt
    German
    It's a normal imperative to me. Just the exclamation mark is missing as Hutschi said.

"Correct (the number of) victories in the Champions League in the last sentence."

6. Hutschi

Hutschi Senior Member

Dresden, Universum
    German, Germany
    It may also be a typo:
    Das Video im Wortlaut: Korrigiert im letzten Satz - die Siege in der Champions League. ManU hat den Wettbewerb zweimal gewonnen
    It may be heading style (this often omits the subject)