Lame agent

Discussion in 'English Only' started by MANUA, Nov 26, 2012.

1. MANUA New Member

Hi There,

I am getting crazy to get the translation into spanish of "lame agents" the translation is about the quimic composition of a cosmetic cleanser.

It would be very helfull if someone can explain me what does it means.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. Cagey post mod

English - US
    This does seem to be a very technical term that many of us won't recognize. However, please give us a complete sentence, as our rules require. It may help someone answer you.
  3. MANUA New Member

Hi Cagey,

This is the context water-soluble reducing agents, pH adjusters, pigments, dyes, pearlescent agents, lame agents, organic/inorganic powders, and perfumes, as needed, within a qualitative/quantitative range that does not impair the effects of the present invention.
    I hope it would help.
  4. PaulQ

PaulQ Senior Member

English - England
    Lame is very small pieces (often microscopic) of a lamina or very thin sheet material (natural or artificial) in cosmetics, particularly eye-shadow and lipstick/gloss. A lame agent is the ingredient that introduces “lame” to (usually) cosmetics.

The lame has the attribute of glittering with reflected light if the particles are relatively large or providing a pearlescent appearance if they are very small. i.e. lame gives the sparkle or sheen to a substance. It is hard to think of a totally appropriate alternative to lame for translation purposes; perhaps micro-lamina[te](?)

(Compare with “gold lamé” fabric [​IMG])

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  5. MANUA New Member

Hi Paul Q
    Thanks for your response, I have found another reference "In a case where the cosmetic of the present embodiment is an emulsion makeup cosmetic obtained by emulsifying
    a water phase and an oil phase with an activator, in terms of sufficiently ensuring the effect of the black bright pigment of the present invention as a lame agent as well as ensuring high stability of the emulsion, the content of the black bright pigment of the present invention is preferably 1 to 50 mass% and more preferably 3 to 40 mass%, when the total mass of the cosmetic is 100 mass%". I am not sure if it will fit with micro-lamina.
    << Moderator note.
    This forum is English Only. If you now want to discuss the Spanish version of this, you need to post a new thread in the Spanish English forum.
    panjandrum >>
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
  6. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

The Spanish thread is here