Lasciatevi guidare!

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by botwan, Jan 29, 2013.

1. botwan New Member

Italian - Italy

sto cercando il modo corretto di tradurre la frase: "Lasciatevi guidare!".

Il contesto è specificatamente quello di visite guidate, guide turistiche professionali oppure visite turistiche organizzate.
    La frase si rivolge ai possibili clienti/turisti invitandoli a lasciarsi guidare dalla professionalità delle guide turistiche.

Io tradurrei la frase con "Let us guide you!".

Pensate che sia corretto e che renda bene il significato?
    Ci può essere qualche traduzione migliore?

Grazie per il vostro sempre utilissimo aiuto!
  2. rrose17

rrose17 Senior Member

Canada, English
    Direi invece "Let us show you around!"
  3. botwan New Member

Italian - Italy
    Grazie per il tuo consiglio.
    Ma in questo modo non si da l'impressione che si faccia solo vedere quello che c'è attorno?
    Non è leggermente sminuente?

Avresti, o qualcun'altro avrebbe, delle alternative, magari più letterali?

Grazie ancora
  4. rrose17

rrose17 Senior Member

Canada, English
    For sure Let us show you around is a little informal, not a lot, but not "sminuente" in the context. You could also say "let us be your guide!" but "Let us guide you" sounds wrong here.
  5. theartichoke Senior Member

English -- Canada
    I agree. "Let us guide you" in English has connotations of offering spiritual or other kinds of guidance to unfortunate souls who have lost their way.:) I can't come up with anything better than "Let us show you around!" if the phrase has to cover a wide variety of tours (different cities, rural excursions, guided tours of museums, etc.), but if you can narrow it down, you might try "See Rome with Us! or "Let us show you Puglia!".
  6. underhouse Senior Member

Let us do the driving?
  7. botwan New Member

Italian - Italy
    I never thought it could have had a spiritual meaning! Thank you for your comment.
    What do you think of: "Let us show you our way!"
  8. Fooler Senior Member

Italian (Italy)
    What about

Let yourself be guided !

If I am not wrong the sentence says Lasciatevi . Let us would be Lasciamoci /Fate si che noi.....
  9. botwan New Member

Italian - Italy
    Pensi che "drive" possa essere usato correttamente in questo contesto?
    Qualche madrelingua può confermare?
  10. theartichoke Senior Member

English -- Canada
    It depends on what you're doing: "let us do the driving" would suggest to me that you're a chauffeur/car/bus service, and your job is to drive people from A to B, not to give them guided tours of A and B.:)

"Let us show you our way!" isn't bad, if one takes "our way" to mean "the way we do things here, the way the locals live" (a good thing in tourism). I'm splitting hairs now, but there's the possibility it "our way" could sound like the opposite of "your way," which is a common catch-phrase in English-language marketing ("Have it your way!") to mean "the way you like it." You don't want to say "we'll show you the city the way we like to show it to you, and the hell with the way you want to see it!" :) Incidentally, a francophone catering company in my city translated its slogan to read in English "[Company Name]: Serves You Right!".

I still think "Let us show you [something/somewhere]!" is probably your best bet. Just insert whatever it is your agency specializes in.
  11. AshleySarah

AshleySarah Senior Member

English - N.Ireland
    What about "Allow us to show you our home"?

That's a courteous but informal way to invite people to let your company show them around the city/region/country that is your home.