1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Le adjunto un libro con 30 cartas comerciales

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Ciria, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Ciria Junior Member

Valladolid
    Spain / Spanish
    Hi everyone!.

I have a doubt about the following sentence:

"Le adjunto un libro con 30 cartas comerciales en español. Han sido creadas para que sus alumnos las traduzcan y aprendan las formas más comunes que aparecen en las cartas comerciales en inglés".

According to book: "I have enclosed a book with 30 business letters in Spanish. They have been created for your students to traslate into English and to learn the most common forms appearing in business letters in English"

My Try:"I have enclosed a book with 30 business letters in Spanish. They have been created for your students traslate them and learn the most common forms/ways appearing in business letters in English".

I wait your replies.

Thanks in advance.

2. galesa Senior Member

mallorca
    english wales
    My Try:"I have enclosed a book with 30 business letters in Spanish. They have been created for your students to translate them and learn the most common forms that are used in business letters in English".

3. Ciria Junior Member

Valladolid
    Spain / Spanish
    Hi galesa!

Thank you for your correction is very useful.

By the way What is the level of difficulty of this sentence? High intermediate, Low advance??

Thanks in advance.

4. parrotsnest Junior Member

Ohio
    United States English
    Por qué se usa la forma del subjunctivo a "las traduzcan"?

La razón ser porque se existe una duda de si los estudiantes pueden traducir?

*as always, please be so kind to correct my Spanish, because I'm sure there are mistakes. :(

un salud..

5. DeSeO911 New Member

English, USA
    Hi! The subjunctive is used because there is no guarantee that the students will in fact translate them/use them to learn more about the most popular forms that are used in business letters (expresses uncertainty/unknown). "Para que" is always followed by the subjunctive. Hope this helps!