Le extiendo su nombramiento

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by ccbarbos, Jan 16, 2014.

1. ccbarbos

ccbarbos Senior Member

United States
    English - US & español - Colombia
    Hi everyone,

I'm translating a letter issued by an company in Puerto Rico to one their employees and I am struggling with the best way to translate the following sentence:

"En virtud de los poderes que me confiere la Ley antes citada, le extiendo su nombramiento efectivo del 1 de enero de 2014 hasta el 31 de enero de 2014 como Auditora Interna."

I'm trying to figure out the best way to word the latter part of this sentence.

My attempt is:

"Pursuant to the powers conferred upon me by the Law previously cited, I appoint you as Internal Auditor effective January 1, 2014 to January 31, 2014."

My attempt just doesn't sound that great to me though. If anyone has any alternatives, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you all for the help!

2. nelliot53

nelliot53 Senior Member

Puerto Rico
    Spanish [PR], English [US]
    It should go something like this: "Pursuant to the powers conferred upon me by the Law previously cited, I extend your appointment as Internal Auditor effective January 1, 2014 to January 31, 2014."

3. ccbarbos

ccbarbos Senior Member

United States
    English - US & español - Colombia
    Thank you for help nelliot53!

That was actually my first attempt at this, but I wasn't too sure if that was too much of a literal translation and whether or not it would work here.

I will use your suggestion.

I really appreciate you help!