1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Le scrivo in relazione al suo ruolo

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by mark1701, Dec 12, 2012.

1. mark1701 New Member

Italian
    Ciao a tutti,
    avrei bisogno di aiuto con la traduzione del seguente testo:

"Gentile Dott. XXX,
    Le scrivo in relazione al suo ruolo di responsabile risorse in XYZ, ..."

Devo usare questa frase per fare una richiesta ad una persona che è responsabile delle risorse dell'azienda in cui lavora.

Mi verrebbe da tradurre così:

"Dear Mr. XXX,
    I am writing to you in relation to your position as resource manager in XYZ,..."

Ma mi sembra una traduzione letterale e pesante, che un madrelingua non utilizzarebbe. Avete suggerimenti?
    Per me non c'è problema a cambiare anche tutta la frase ma serve comunque un qualcosa di abbastanza formale.

2. curiosone

curiosone Senior Member

Romagna, Italy
    AE - hillbilly ;)
    Ciao Mark, and welcome to the Forum! :)
    You really need to provide at least one entire sentence, and more context. From your incomplete sentence, it isn't clear to me whether you're applying for a job as "resource manager" or whether Mr.XXX is a resource manager (that you're writing to).

3. mark1701 New Member

Italian
    Hi curiosone,
    it's basically a short sentence that I need to use on linkedin. I am writing to a resource manager to ask him for his email (I just graduated and I need to send him my CV).

In italian the complete sentence could be something like this:
    "Gentile Dott. XXX,
    Le scrivo in relazione al suo ruolo di responsabile risorse in XYZ, mi sono laureato recentemente in ingegneria informatica e desidererei chiederle un contatto email per sottoporle la mia candidatura per una posizione in XYZ."

"
    "Dear Mr. XXX,
    I am writing to you in relation to your position as resource manager in XYZ,
    I recently graduated in computer engineering and I would kindly ask you for an email contact in order to propose my candidature for a graduated position in XYZ"

4. curiosone

curiosone Senior Member

Romagna, Italy
    AE - hillbilly ;)
    Forum rules don't allow for proofreading, but I'll see if I can't tweak your English a bit, to give you an idea.

""Dear Mr. XXX,
    I am writing to you (as resource manager at XYZ), in order to ask for your e-mail address, so I may send you my resumé. I recently graduated in computer engineering, and would like to be taken into consideration for a eventual position with XYZ."

5. CPA Senior Member

Rome
    British English/Italian biling
    ...and would like to be considered for a position with XYZ.

Curio, are you using "eventual" as meaning "eventuale" (in which case it's a false friend) or as meaning "one day, some day"? :)

6. mark1701 New Member

Italian
    thanks! as CPA suggested I would only omit "eventual" (or maybe substitute it with "possibile") and it should be ok.

I have one little curiosity, would be an error to write "for a position in XYZ" instead of "for a position with XYZ"?

thank you again :)

7. Giorgio Spizzi Senior Member

Italian
    Hullo.

If in relazione al suo ruolo di is, as I suspect, the longer version of come, than I'd write "... to you in your capacity as ...".
    Obviously, as – not unlike come in Italian – should be avoided as one might gather that the "responsabile" is you.

GS