1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Le Tradizioni Natalizie a Tavola da Nord a Sud

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by nofancypants, Nov 7, 2013.

1. nofancypants Senior Member

Surrey, UK - English
    Ciao!

I'm making a Christmas menu for a luxury hotel in Italy, they've sent me a menu to translate...

'Le TradizioniNatalizie a Tavola da Nord a Sud' is basically a traditional Italian Christmas lunch, but they've included 'da Nord a Sud'...I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what that means, as 'A traditional Italian Christmas lunch from the North to the South' sounds a bit wrong in English. Or is it one of those things that aren't easily translated? Any ideas would be great.

Many thanks,

Lauren x

2. bearded man

bearded man Senior Member

Milan
    Italian
    I think it means ''covering traditional foods from Northern to Southern Italy'': as a matter of fact, different Italian regions have quite a lot of different sorts of cuisine, almost as if they were different Countries.

3. Anja.Ann

Anja.Ann Senior Member

Lombardia
    Italian
    Ciao a tutti e due :)

I agree with Bearded man. It means (more or less): "Traditional Christmas menus in a journey from the North to the South of Italy"

4. elfa

elfa Senior Member

Bath, England
    English
    A traditional Italian Christmas lunch menu with dishes from [all the] different regions
    A traditional Italian Christmas lunch menu with dishes representing regional cuisine

A traditional Italian Christmas lunch menu with different regional dishes

5. Pratolini Senior Member

Inglese
    Traditional Christmas fare/food from all parts of the country (Italy)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013