1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

left main coronary artery (LMCA)

Discussion in 'Medical Terminology' started by solysombra, Aug 11, 2013.

1. solysombra

solysombra Senior Member

ISRAEL
    Argentina (Castellano)
    ¿Cómo se la llama en español? A la "left main coronary artery".
    Muchas gracias.

¡Ah! y si tiene varios nombres, me gustaría conocer todos.:)

2. bicontinental Senior Member

U.S.A.
    English (US), Danish, bilingual
    In English the left main coronary artery (LMCA) is also called the left coronary artery (LCA). In Spanish this is la arteria coronaria izquierda (ACI)
    Bic.

3. solysombra

solysombra Senior Member

ISRAEL
    Argentina (Castellano)
    Muchas gracias. Encontré tronco principal izquierdo de la aorta . ¿Será lo mismo?

4. bicontinental Senior Member

U.S.A.
    In English we use left main stem (in the context of the heart), which would correspond to tronco coronario izquierdo (TCI). I think the term tronco principal izquierdo de la aorta is a more descriptive than anatomically accepted term, but I can’t be absolutely sure. I would use one of the other two terms.
    Bic.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  5. solysombra

solysombra Senior Member

ISRAEL
    Argentina (Castellano)
    Thank you!

6. sergio11 Senior Member

Los Angeles and Buenos Aires
    Spanish (lunfardo)
    No he oído nunca "tronco principal izquierdo de la aorta." No existe tal cosa. Además, no puede ser lo mismo que la coronaria izquierda, porque la aorta es una cosa y la coronaria es otra. Como dijo Bicontinental, el "left main stem" se llama "arteria coronaria izquierda" o "tronco coronario izquierdo."

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  7. bicontinental Senior Member

U.S.A.
    Hola Sergio,
    Well, I think that the term... tronco principal izquierdo de la aorta could refer to the origin of the left coronary arterial branch, as it arises from the aorta at the L. aortic sinus, and not to a branching or division of the aorta itself. But I agree that it sounds quite descriptive and indeed can be somewhat ambiguous as well.
    Saludos,
    Bic.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013