Legal section of Invoice

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by leaher77, Apr 16, 2009.

1. leaher77 Junior Member

English
    Can anyone try to help me translate this? It is the last line on an english invoice for a package that will be sent through Nicaraguan customs and I need to translate in to spanish for the Ministry of Health to give me permission to send it.

THESE COMMODITIES ARE LICENSED FOR THE ULTIMATE DESTINATION AS SHOWN.
    DIVERSION CONTRARY TO THE UNITED STATES LAW IS PROHIBITED.
    I DECLARE ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS INVOICE TO BE TRUE AND CORRECT.

Here is my very poor attempt at a translation:
    ESTAS MATERIALES ESTAN AUTORIZADAS PARA LA DESTINACION MENCIONADO. CUALQUIER DESVIO CONTRARIO A LA LEY DE ESTADOS UNIDOS ES PROHIBIDO. DECLARO QUE TODA LA INFORMACIÓN CONTENIDA EN ESTA FACTURA ES VERDADERA Y CORRECTA

Thanks!

2. azuos Senior Member

SPANISH
    No se si esto te puede ayudar, sino por lo menos darte alguna otra idea.

Estos productos/mercancías están autorizados para el destino final/último destino, como se muestra.
    La desviación contraria a la legislación de los Estados Unidos está prohibida.
    Declaro que toda la información contenida en esta factura es verdadera y correcta.

Saludos Azuos.

3. David Senior Member

THESE COMMODITIES ARE LICENSED FOR THE ULTIMATE DESTINATION AS SHOWN. DIVERSION CONTRARY TO THE UNITED STATES LAW IS PROHIBITED. I DECLARE ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS INVOICE TO BE TRUE AND CORRECT.

I think your translation would be fine. It is in compliance with a US reg, not a Nicaraguan. However, it does not quite give the meaning of the original. What it really means "you can't reship this stuff to Cuba"! I think an "export license" is really a "permiso de exportación", rather than a licensia. The HP practitioners might comment on:

El permiso de exportación vigente para los productos aquí enviados limita su uso a la jurisdicción destinataria indicada. Se prohibe cualquier desviación contraria a la legislación de los Estados Unidos. Certifico que la información contenida en esta factura es verdadera y correcta.