les mouvements du personnel (entrée - sortie)

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by klodaway, Oct 24, 2008.

1. klodaway

klodaway Senior Member

I need to translate the above expression in the context of a software application that is able to track the entry and exit of each person in a room (dostors & nurses in the OR).

NB : I specified "entrée - sortie" in my title to avoid confusion with translations in the context of strikes & demonstrations, but I do not need translation for these terms

My best effort currently is "Staff movements", but I sense that there should be a better word than "movements" in this context.

Any input is most welcome! Thanks.

2. gigiolemps Junior Member

I think that "staff movements" is more than correct. It has something to do with the turn-over of the staff.
  3. klodaway

klodaway Senior Member

Thank you for your input.

I did not want to mention it at first, not to bias future comments, but it is my main concern that "staff movements" refers to the turnover of the staff that is hired on one hand, and that leaves the company or structure on the other hand.
    The "mouvements" I refer to here are only coming in and out the OR during each surgery or procedure...

With this additional bit, confirmation of "staff movements", or any other suggestions ?

4. gigiolemps Junior Member

all right, so it only deals with the coming in and out the OR. Staff movement is about the turnover of the staff. Then you can just say: the coming in and out of the staff . It is correct. This way you don't insinuate anything about the turnover. Do you understand ?
  5. klodaway

klodaway Senior Member

Merci pour ces précisions.
    Après quelques recherches grâce à mon ami G*****, il apparaît toutefois que "coming in and out of" est suivi du lieu, et dont du sujet en mouvement.

Ca me paraît un peu compliqué, mais j'en arrive donc à "Staff coming in and out of the OR"....

6. gigiolemps Junior Member

oui c'est ça! C'est beaucoup mieux que "staff movement" qui aurait été ambigü.