1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Lessor’s granting a Lien on the Lease to the Financing Parti

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by hwolf, Mar 14, 2013.

1. hwolf

hwolf Senior Member

Mexico City
    Native: Spanish MX; others English, German
    Hola,
    No entiendo una parte de la siguiente frase en inglés. Es un contrato de arrendamiento de camiones:

Lessee Consent Letter, means, if applicable, the letter executed and delivered by Lessee, Lessor and a representative of the Financing Parties pursuant to which Lessee consents to Lessor’s granting a Lien on the Lease to the Financing Parties

Carta de Consentimiento del Arrendatario" significa, en su caso, la carta firmada y entregada por el Arrendatario, Arrendador y un representante de las Partes responsables del financiamiento de acuerdo con la cual el Arrendatario autorizaal Arrendador otorgar un gravamen sobre el arrendamiento a las partes responsables del financiamiento

No me gusta nada....
    Gracias
    Heidi

2. RicardoElAbogado Senior Member

SF Bay Area, California
    American English
    Here is my guess. The lease gives the lessor a stream of income. The lessor may want to pledge that stream of income as collateral for a loan. Under the lease, the lessor does not have the right to do so unilaterally. The lessor must get the consent of the lessee and (typically, more important) the party who financed the lease transaction (the lender).

When I say "financed the lease transaction" I assume that the lessor borrowed money from the lender, used the money to pay for the trucks, and then leased the trucks to the lessee. The lender is looking to the lessor to make the payments on the loan, and therefore the lender might be concerned about the lessor pledging the income stream to another lender. Of course, not having seen the document or having any facts about the transaction, I can only guess.

3. hwolf

hwolf Senior Member

Mexico City
    Native: Spanish MX; others English, German
    Thanks for the explanation! But I still don't know how to put that in Spanish with fewer word!