let me know if there is anything I can do to help

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by Pickle Posy, May 20, 2010.

1. Pickle Posy Senior Member

Paris, France
    British English
    I'm emailing an organisation to offer to do some pro bono (unpaid) work for them. I'm suggesting one or two things that I might be able to do, and want to finish by saying something like "Please just let me know if there is anything (else) I can do to help."

I found this lovely phrase in the forums:

S'il y a quoi que ce soit que je puisse faire, il suffit de me le demander.

But am not sure whether it quite works in this context. Any advice gratefully received!

2. jetset

jetset Senior Member

France\Nice
    French
    N'hésitez pas à me solliciter si vous avez besoin d'une aide supplémentaire.

3. OlivierG

OlivierG Senior Member

Toulouse, France
    France / Français
    Hello, Pickle Posy,

The phrase you found is correct, and matches your original meaning. It's a bit informal though, and you could replace "il suffit de me le demander" par "n'hésitez pas à faire appel à moi" for instance.
    The Jetset's suggestion is more formal. All depends on the overall tone of your email, I guess.

4. Pickle Posy Senior Member

Paris, France
    British English
    thank you both. The explanation about the relative formality of the options is very helpful. I think I'll plump for the original phrase with the new "n'hésitez pas ..." ending.