libellé du compte

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by wesito-90, May 17, 2013.

1. wesito-90 New Member

British English
    Hello all,

I'm trying to make an international bank transfer from France to the UK. In order to do this, I'm required to fill out a little form with the recipient bank's details.

The form is asking me for both of the following:

nom du bénéficiaire
    libellé du compte

What is the difference between these two? Is "nom du bénéficiaire" the account name and "libellé du compte" the account number? Or could they be something different?

Thanks for your help, I'm a bit confused!

2. Funky Othilia New Member

French - France
    Le nom du bénéficiaire est le nom de la personne à qui est destiné l'argent. Le libellé du compte correspond au titre du compte enregistré à la banque. S'il s'agit d'un compte personnel et individuel, il y a des chances pour que le nom du bénéficiaire et le libellé du compte soient identiques. Mais par exemple, s'il s'agit d'un compte commun, le libellé sera M. X et Mme Y, alors que le bénéficiaire pourra être aussi bien M. X seul, que Mme Y seule ou M et Mme X-Y.

3. Transfer_02 Senior Member

Espoo, Finland
    English - British
    As above, but in English... (Just in case) The "nom du bénéficiaire" is the name of the beneficiary (ie the name of the person/company that will receive the transfer). The "libellé du compte" is the exact titleholder of the account. So the beneficiary might be Michel Dupont and the "libellé" of the account might be M et Mme Dupont Michel et Marie, or something like that. But often they are the same.

4. Funky Othilia New Member

French - France
    That's it !