1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Like button for individual replies

Discussion in 'Comments and Suggestions' started by ChrisCashman, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisCashman

ChrisCashman Senior Member

Chicago, IL USA
    USA English - Midwest
    Hi, WReference.

I see that a Facebook "like" button was added recently to "like" certain threads. I would like to suggest another useful "like" feature -- a "like" button for individual replies within a thread.

When a person replies with an answer to a question asked, it would be nice if the rest of the WordRef community out there could hit a "like" button -- or "agree"? -- in order to endorse or give a shout of approval to a reply on a given thread. For example, if I ask, "Do you say hidrante in your country for fire hydrant?", and there is a "like" button, we can avoid having twenty people reply "Yes, we do use that" by offering a "like" or "agree" button. If I see 15 likes/approves with that entry, I will know the answer has been viewed and endorsed by multiple people and that it's a reply I can probably trust - without having to read through dozens of more comments. Plus, as a native English-speaker, I would like to show my approval or "like" other replies I see on here without typing "Yes, you are correct" with a big reply that includes the whole quote.

This type of "like" or "agree" button wouldn't have to be Facebook; it could be something internal - within WordReference.

Can we have that? Anyone else out there agree with me? Reply if you do - for now! Maybe you'll have a "like" button soon!

2. stella_maris_74

stella_maris_74 Mod About Chocolate

Rome
    Italian - Italy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.