1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

lisus a murit cu bratele pe cruce pt no

Discussion in 'Română (Romanian)' started by canadacrush, Apr 26, 2008.

1. canadacrush New Member

English
    Hi All

I'm new to the forum and new to Romanian. I've recently struck up a friendship with a woman in Romania. She sent me a little e-mail that i couldn't translate online. Nor could i find most of the words in a Romanian-English dictionary. So I told her that and she laughed...she wrote it specifically to be hard to translate. I asume I'll understand why once i know what it says.

Please please help. And if it's in any way lewd or R rated, (there is always that chance) I appologize. :)

Here it is...

lisus a murit cu bratele pe cruce pt noi, dak il stergi vei avea inima rece, trimite asta in 30 sec si vei observa ce ti se va intampla.

2. Blue Butterflies Senior Member

Romania | Romanian
    Hi, welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately she simply sent a part of a chain letter, the "if you erase this you have no heart, forward this in 30 seconds and see what happens" type, but related to Jesus' death on the cross, a thing which I find quite untactful, or even distasteful, especially since tomorrow is Easter Sunday over here.

3. canadacrush New Member

English
    So I guess I was wrong. Now I know what is says, but I still have no idea why.

Thanks for the help

4. Blue Butterflies Senior Member

Romania | Romanian
    Anytime.

She may actually enjoy sending chain letters (many people do, for some reason), or maybe to her his means something important. There is also a distinct possibility she was being sarcastic. You could always just ask her.

5. OldAvatar Senior Member

Bucharest
    Romanian
    It is a multi-recipient message, the so-called mass messages. I don't think that the message was dedicated especially to you.

6. canadacrush New Member

English
    Oh, it was meant for me. I only got those two lines, so they must have been coppied from the full e-mail. And she's too clever for this not to have some kind of meaning. Seeing it out of context may also explain why it seems a bit out of line.