1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)
  1. ra613 Senior Member

England
    What does "Loquita" mean in spanish

2. Mei

Mei Senior Member

Where streets have no name...
    Catalonia Catalan & Spanish
    Hi there,

With no more context "little crazy girl"?

Mei

3. MCGF

MCGF Senior Member

Southern Spain
    Spain, spanish
    No tenemos contexto, pero "Loquita" es el diminutivo de "loca" "crazy / mad female person"

4. MCGF

MCGF Senior Member

Southern Spain
    Spain, spanish
    Joo, Mei, ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Las dos a la vezzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!! ;)

5. izas Senior Member

Madrid, Spain
    Spain, Spanish, Basque
    I think it's something nice you tell to a girl, like, for instance, "sweety".

Anyway, I need the context to tell you better.

6. Mei

Mei Senior Member

Where streets have no name...
    Catalonia Catalan & Spanish
    :p ;)

7. ra613 Senior Member

England
    I met a girl last weekend and she said I should found out what does "Loquita" mean

So, does it mean sweet or crazy.

8. Masood Senior Member

Leicester, England
    British English
    Like izas said, it depends on the context. It could mean slightly crazy/off-beat, could be a term of endearment.

9. cherrelita New Member

American English
    Hola a todos.
    I have an example of loquita in context.
    My boyfriend text messaged me, "buenas noches loquita!!!"
    What does "loquita" mean in this context?

THANKS in advance

10. whereita New Member

México
    American English
    My native language is English but the way I've heard Mexicans use it, it has always had an endearing connotation. It's like crazy as in fun, wild, silly. Hope this helps! I'd be curious to know what your boyfriend said if you verified the meaning with him.

11. SISTHAR Senior Member

Huelva (SPAIN)
    Spanish & Catalán

This is not used in Spain at all. It is used in South america. I would translate into English like , good night sweetheart. That´s all.

12. Minnie121728

Minnie121728 Senior Member

Santo Domingo
    SPANISH
    Hi Girls, "Loquita", means for us in DR, (Dominican Republic), a woman, a young woman, who usually does not thinks too much about how she acts or she does and its consequences, just goes acting without thinking, does not think that much, acts like a silly, like a easy girl for men too, with this and with that, a girl that is not serious, its not quite intelligent, and thinkful...but also its a girl that just lives and does by her way...hope this helps...it depends of the context but the majority of times its referred to a girl not taken as a good one...

13. Juan.k New Member

Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Spanish - Argentina
    Hi everyone, I'm from Argentina and the term loquita has different meanings here: Loquita as little crazy woman in an affectionate way; also to refer a harmless medical crazy woman; and also (sorry for this) for her who like to get laid with eveveryone!

14. aurilla Senior Member

Puerto Rico
    Am Eng/PR Spanish
    "loca /loco /loquito /loquita" are all used by Puerto Rico's younger set as a sort of term of endearment or when there is a close frendship.
    As a term of endearment it's something like saying "cooky." Other times it's used in conversation the same as saying "bro, man, dude."

Ex. "Loquita, sabes que te quiero mucho, ¿verdad?".
    Ex. "Loco, ¡te pregunté tres veces y no me contestaste!".
    Ex. "Loca, eso fue lo que ella me dijo".
    Ex. "Loquito, tú sabes que no te mentiría".

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011