1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)
  1. AlexanderSupertramp Senior Member

US English
    I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out this sentence: Los miramos el 6 de junio espero que todo salga bien.

"espero que todo salga bien" - I think it means I hope everything works out ok

"el 6 de junio" - I think it means the sixth of june

I know that mirar means "to look at". However, I'm not quite sure about "los miramos". Bottom line: I'm trying to figure out the whole meaning of this sentence. Could some kind person help me out? Thanks

2. silvester

silvester Senior Member

USA
    Mexico, spanish
    Hello,
    We saw you/them on June 6th, hope everything works/turns out alright.

3. Mate

Mate Senior Member

Argentina
    Castellano - Argentina
    "Los miramos el 6 de junio espero que todo salga bien" doesn't sound natural to this Spanish native speaker. All the words are Spanish but the way those words are put together... I cannot find the sense of the whole sentence.

4. silvester

silvester Senior Member

USA
    Mexico, spanish
    Hello,
    Unless they're speaking of a future date: We'll see you on June 6th, hope everything turns out alright.

5. Pamiwami Junior Member

Chile Español
    I agree with Mateamargo, it just doesn´t sound natural.
    Nos vemos el 6 de junio: We´ll see you on June 6th(meaning "we´ll see each other")
    Los miramos el 6 de junio: we´ll see/ take a look at them ("them" may reffer to a "thing" here) because in spanish we don´t use "mirar" meaning "see each other or meet" in that case we use "Ver" as in "nos vemos", "mirar" refers to the sight, with the meaning of "take a look at".
    I hope You can figure out the meaning.