loss of occupancy

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by Shawt, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Shawt New Member

Washington, DC
    EngLish
    Real estate term

2. Tochka Senior Member

Welcome to the forum!
    You'll get more help if you can provide more context than the general area of usage. Try providing the sentence in which you intend to use the term as well as the nature of the document and a few lines preceding and following the use. (I'm afraid I'm new to Spanish and my abilities aren't up to the task, but if you provide more information, native speakers and good bilingual members will have a better idea of what you're looking for.)

3. RicardoElAbogado Senior Member

SF Bay Area, California
    American English
    Well said, Tochka. I will add that providing is not just helpful to your getting a good translation, but it is also required by the rules of the forum.

4. Shawt New Member

Washington, DC
    EngLish
    Sadly, I was in the middle of simultaneous interpreting in a trial so did not have time to provide context. Sorry. I guess this is not a good source for that type of query.

Belatedly, I can tell you that the trial was for the employee of an apartment building who was provided with an apartment at a very reduced rent. the building manager said that the fact that the unit was not occupied by a tenant paying the market rate was a "loss of occupancy."