l've tried this translation

Discussion in '中文+方言 (Chinese)' started by gabofv, Mar 8, 2013.

1. gabofv New Member

Spanish
    怎么说:l 've tried this translation
    我尝试了这个翻译的效果 还是 我尝试了这个翻译 吗?还有别的更好的办法吗?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  2. xiaolijie

xiaolijie MOD

UK
    English (UK)
    Gabofv, I don't think your question is very well expressed (ie., what do you mean by "I've tried this translation"?) and that may be the reason you haven't yet received a reply. Try revising it to make it clearer and if it's not easy to do so, give us the context so that we can be sure of what you want.
    Your question in the other thread (ie. take advantage of time) seems to suffer the same problem, so you may like to revise that as well.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  3. transform Junior Member

chinese
    Context is a must.

4. gracyst New Member

Guilin, China
    Chinese
    what do you think of this?--我尝试过这种翻译

5. tarlou Senior Member

Chinese
    我已经试过这样翻译了 is better for me. But you may want something more specific depending on the context.

6. lyx1692

lyx1692 Senior Member

汉语
    Yes, as a Chinese native speak, I find it's hard to translate your sentence out of context. I need more information.

Maybe your Chinese teacher asked you to translate a sentence, but when you gave your translation to your teacher, he said it sounded unidiomatic. If in this situation, you can say:
    “我试着这么翻译,但是老师认为它不通顺”

7. gabofv New Member

Spanish
    The context was that I wanted to post something on this forum and I didn't know how to say "I've tried this translation"

Thank you lyx1692 your translation was just what I wanted,sorry xiaolijie it was just because at that moment didn't really think there was a different context or at least no so far from that. But it would be also good for the forum if you gave some examples of different contexts.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  8. xiaolijie

xiaolijie MOD

UK
    English (UK)
    "I've tried this translation" is ambiguous, and that was the reason I asked you to clarify. Do you see the big difference in the Chinese translations due to the ambiguity?
    我尝试过这种翻译 (post 4) > < 我试着这么翻译 (post 6)

9. gabofv New Member

Spanish
    so for you xiaolijie according to the context I gave what is the Most correct?

10. xiaolijie

xiaolijie MOD

UK
    English (UK)
    Although you wrote "I've tried this translation", what you meant to say was "I've come up with this translation". "我试着这么翻译" is for this meaning.