1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)
  1. supercrom Banned

    Cercado de Lima, Lima, Perú
    Homo peruvianus, practising AE n' learning BE

    How would you say this in English?

    Si manejas ebrio/borracho, puedes causar un accidente automovilístico.

    I just want to focus on manejar ebrio.

    Thanks in advance

  2. mbh120455 New Member

    Philippines English
    I don't speak spanish but I am trying to understand the phrases and see if I can translate them.

    I guess this is what the sentence mean:
    Driving while drunk (under the spirit of alcohol, drunkeness) can cause a/an vehicular/automibile accident.

    As i understand manejar ebrio would literally mean "to drive drunk" or "drunken driving".
  3. RainWoman

    RainWoman Senior Member

    Spain - Spanish
    Esa frase es demasiado formal y por eso yo diría:

    To drive under the influence of alcohol.

    Mira lo que dice WR de DUI:

    DUI: (abr de driving under the influence (of alcohol/ drugs)) conduciendo bajo la influencia de alcohol/ drogas)

    under the influence
    : embriagado
  4. Ana mexicana Senior Member

    Mexico City
    Mexico, spanish
    Me parece que puedes decir: Drunk driving may cause car accidents!

  5. ezurus

    ezurus Senior Member

    Chico, CA
    USA English
    Yo diría:

    If you drive drunk, you can cause a automobile accident.

    A veces evitamos una traducción literal aunque esté perfectamente bien como en este caso.

Share This Page