1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Markaların ihtiyaç duydukları şey

Discussion in 'Türkçe (Turkish)' started by rupertbrooke, May 26, 2013.

1. rupertbrooke Senior Member

English UK
    Here is an advert describing the gullibility of men & the competitiveness of various advertising brand leaders:-
    Güzel kadın bir gülümsesin, hele de gömleğinin bir iki düğmesi açsın bizim için akan sular durur. Markaların pazar lideri olmak için ihtiyaç duydukları şey Kate Upton, Megan Fox ve çeşitli Victoria’s Secret modellerinin sutyenlerinde saklı.
    See http://www.gq.com.tr/586/biz-aptal-miyiz

Does it mean:-" Let a woman smile & in addition also let her open a pair of buttons of her blouse for us, she brooks no argument. The desire to be brand market leaders is concealed in the bras of ??şey Kate Upton, Megan Fox or various models of Victoria's Secret".

2. Rallino Moderatoúrkos

Ankara
    Turkish
    '-diği şey / -en şey' creates a noun clause in English with the word 'what':
    Yaptığım şey = the thing that I do → what I do.

Markaların pazar lideri olmak için ihtiyaç duydukları şey = What brands need to become market leaders (is) Kate Upton, Megan Fox…

And by the way there is a mistake there: …bir iki düğmesini* açsın…

3. rupertbrooke Senior Member

English UK
    Thanks very much, Rallino. Was I right to translate 'is hidden in the bras of Kate Upton &c'?

4. Rallino Moderatoúrkos

Ankara
    Turkish
    Yes, that part was correct. :thumbsup:

5. rupertbrooke Senior Member

English UK
    Whew! I'm getting somewhere! I love the language but at present I'm making the mistake of missing the wood for the trees [ayrıntılar içinde boğulıyor?]. I also like the idiom 'akan sular durmak'; the English translation is very weak.
    Thanks as ever.