Master per il Managment di Comunità

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by fran06, Jun 18, 2006.

1. fran06

fran06 Senior Member

Italy
    Italian Italy
    Come si traduce?
    Master per il managment di Comunità:

La Fondazione Mediterraneo continua l’attività del II° Master Europeo di Alta Formazione « Modelli di complessità ed ecologia umana: strumenti per lo sviluppo di comunità »finalizzato alla formazione di esperti per il management di comunità, capaci di progettazione partecipata, mediazione di comunità, azioni per la solidarietà e la cittadinanza.
    My attempt:

Master degree on Community Managment:
    The Fondazione Mediterraneo continues the activity of the 2nd European Master of high formationModels of complexity and human ecology: tools for the development of communities” aiming to train experts in the management of communities able to participate in programme planning, community mediation and actions for solidarity and citizenship.

Thanks in advance!

2. TimLA

TimLA Senior Member

Los Angeles
    English - US
    Is this truly a "Master's Degree" - two years of study after university?
    Or is this a short session like a "Master's Class", "Master's Session"?

Tim

3. fran06

fran06 Senior Member

Italy
    Italian Italy
    To be honest I have no idea, I have searched in my papers and there is nothing about it.

4. TimLA

TimLA Senior Member

Los Angeles
    English - US
    It's a "Masters degree", but not a formal one. They have "laureati" but it isn't clear that there is a classic two year session with a thesis...etc. This is something you might have to finesse..."European Masters in Training/Education" - the text is very vague.

I found the page you're translating in pdf format...my condolences...:(
    I hope La Fondazione is treating you well....:)

Tim

5. fran06

fran06 Senior Member

Italy
    Italian Italy
    They are not at all! I have just ruined my week end and I haven't even finish this work that they expect to find on their desk tomorrow morning:D
    How funny is that?!

What about my translation then?

PS I'm actually translatin the intire Web Site :(

Thanks ;)

6. TimLA

TimLA Senior Member

Los Angeles
    English - US
    What the heck...I can be just as vague in English:)

Masters in Community Managment:
    The Fondazione Mediterraneo continues its activities in the 2nd European Masters in Training which includes “Models of complexity and Human Ecology: Tools for the Development of Communities” with a goal of training experts in the management of communities in terms of programme planning, community mediation and action for solidarity and citizenship.

You deserve a vacation!
    I've heard of this great little county, superb food, beautiful art, outstanding wine, shaped like a boot....:D

Tim

7. You little ripper! Senior Member

Australia
    Australian English
    The expression of high formation is used in relation to schooling in a few listings from Google.
    Link