1. cara47 Senior Member

New York
    English, United States
    I heard someone say No me da flojera verte trabajar tanto. Translation please.

2. COLsass

COLsass Senior Member

It doesn't make me feel uneasy to see you work(ing) so hard.

EDIT: oops, didn't notice the "no"

3. maggie_mae Senior Member

hola!
    Escribí el contexto, tal vez pueda ayudarte, aunque me suena más mexicano eso...
    ¿Puede ser: no me da pena? meaning... it doesn't upset me to see you working a lot...

Espero que te sirva :S

4. cara47 Senior Member

New York
    English, United States
    (Mexican tv- yes) The way I thought I understood it in context was---It doesn't bother me one bit to see you working so hard---meaning---I actually like seeing you work so hard--in a negative way. Is this kind of slang or is it a common expression in Mexico?

5. narhei

narhei Senior Member

Spain, Andalusia
    Spanish, Spain
    I don't know if this can help, in Spain "flojera" means that you don't have energy, not exactly tired, but kind of laziness.

6. ruru2006 Senior Member

New York City
    spanish
    Pereza - fue la primera palabra que me vino a la mente cuando leí la expresion. Solo que haria mas sentido 'Me da pereza/flojera verte trabajar...

it makes me drowsy to watch/see you work so hard...

7. silvester

silvester Senior Member

USA
    Mexico, spanish
    Hello,
    flojera-pereza
    I believe they mean something like: It makes me tired watching you work so much.

8. LaReinita

LaReinita Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    USA (Northeast Coast)-Inglés
    Estoy de acuerdo.

I'm getting tired, just watching you work so much.

9. cara47 Senior Member

New York
    English, United States
    Going back to my original question---
    NO me da flojera verte trabajar tanto.
    I was thinking the NO in this sentence changed the tone. That's what got me thinking in the first place. The context: A woman is watching her ex-novio work really hard; he is sweaty and tired. She happens to be very annoyed and frustrated about his love of another woman. as she still loves him. She says to him: No me da flojera verte trabajar tanto.
    She says it with a sinister laugh.