Me uno a sus palabras y quisiera expresarle mi enorme satisfacción por presidir

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by imanu, Feb 21, 2008.

1. imanu New Member

Cuba spanish
    Hello, I am a translator and I have a question.I am trying to tranlate an opening remarks, but there is a sentence that I do not know how to translated into English, it says:Me uno a sus palabras y quisiera expresarle mi enorme satisfacción por presidir por la Parte Cubana.

2. chicanul Senior Member

SoCal
    english/spanish
    I am a freelance translator as well. There are going to be various possible translations, but I DO NOT recommend translating it literally.

We need to know what exactly "Parte Cubana" means. Does it just mean representing a part of something greater, (as in the cuban part of an agenda/committee/etc?)

3. imanu New Member

Cuba spanish
    Dear chicanul, whenever I refer to the Cuban Party, is the same as The Cuban Side, anyhow, that is not what I need to translate, This is a phrase; Me uno a sus palabras y quisiera expresarle mi satisfacción por presidir esta Comisión...

4. chicanul Senior Member

SoCal
    english/spanish
    My personal try:

"I share your sentiments and would like express to you my satisfaction in presiding over this commission...."

5. imanu New Member

Cuba spanish
    I really appreciate your help, thank you so much.