1. MIRIAL New Member

U know my boy freind wrote me but I cant find this word :confused: (amorsito)

I think u can help me?!:) thanks!
  2. Fernando Senior Member

Spain, Spanish
    Mi amorsito: wrong spelling for "mi amorcito" = my little love
  3. emr Member

Long Beach, California
    English, United States
    Amorsito is a term of endearment meaning "love" or "little love." The ito at the end of a word in Spanish is often used to add "little" to that word.
  4. gisele73

gisele73 Senior Member

Spanish - Peru
    Yes, and we use "ito" many times even if we're not referring to something "little", for example: "cafecito" literally means "little coffee", but when we say things like that we don't necessarily mean it's actually "little", it's just a way we have to call things, a cute way, so to speak :)
  5. SusieQ Senior Member

Español but I can read, write, speak and understand English very well
    when he calls you "mi amorcito" it's like he's saying "honey" or "sweety" he is just giving you a word of affection and love. It's like when my husband calls me "Nena" which is "baby" or I call him "Gordo" which the exact translation would be "fat" but I use it to tell him that I think he is cute and that I love hime very much. Everyone has his own way of calling their love ones. It's like you say "Dad" instead of "Father" or "Mom" instead of Mother.
  6. gian_eagle

gian_eagle Senior Member

Peru - Castellano
    oh sino "darling" o "my dear" también.
  7. tommy19125 New Member

Philadelphia, PA, USA
    for me, my wife is almost always amorcita and to her i am her amorcito.
  8. Aviador

Aviador Senior Member

Santiago de Chile (a veces)
    Castellano de Chile
    I will of course not tell you what to call your own wife, but I would like to remind every body that "amor" is masculine in gender: el amor. Its normal diminutive is "amorcito", not "amorcita".
    In Spanish, "amorcito" is a term of endearment that applies to men AND women.
  9. tommy19125 New Member

Philadelphia, PA, USA
    I was wondering about this and was going to ask. Aleja has never corrected me on it. thanks.
  10. swift

swift Senior Member

Spanish – Costa Rica (Valle Central)
    Because there's no reason for that, Tommy. 'Amorcita' is a very common term of endearment in many Spanish-speaking countries. What Aviador says is of course true, but many speakers tend to say 'amorcita' as an affectionate form of address. The agreement in gender shows the affective aspect of these expressions.

By the way, welcome to the fora. :)