1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Modulo de Atencion

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by arymw, Jan 31, 2008.

1. arymw New Member

United States and English
    Hola amigos,

Estoy traduciendo una declaración de una mujer en Oaxaca, México. En la declaración esta escrito lo siguiente:

“Presente ante la Agente del Ministerio Publico adscrita al segundo turno del Modulo de Atención al Menor y a la Mujer…”

Será correcto traducirlo en ingles como “Before me the Prosecutor assigned to the second shift of the Division for Children’s and Women’s Affairs…”

¡Gracias por la ayuda!

2. klbeeuu Senior Member

Mexico
    English-US
    I would say, "In the presence of the prosecutor/district attorney assigned to the second shift of the Division for Children’s and Women’s Affairs…”

Although that "second shift/segundo turno" part sure is weird, no?

Also, pick prosecutor or district attorney, whichever you'd like. I usually refer to the Ministerio Publico as the District Attorney's Office, but that's probably a US-specific term, and prosecutor works just as well.

3. Iuris Tantum

Iuris Tantum Senior Member

Juneau
    Mexican Spanish
    Agente del Ministerio Público creo que es Assistant District Attorney o Assistant Prosecutor.

Generalmente, hay tres "turnos" en cada Agencia del Ministerio Público, ya que trabajan 24 y descansan 72 horas.

Para Módulo de Atención al Menor y a la Mujer, que tal "Representation of Children and Women's Affairs Bureau / Special Office?

4. klbeeuu Senior Member

Mexico
    English-US
    I'd nix "Representation of Children and Women's Affairs Bureau / Special Office" -- I think arymw's translation of that part was a good one and doesn't need tweaking.

This wikipedia entry says that Iuris Tantum's addition of "assistant" is correct: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_attorney

However, I have seen people get lazy and leave off the "assistant" part. But if we want to be accurate, we should not leave it off. So I stand corrected.

5. robjh22 Senior Member

U.S.A. & English
    You don't need much help ... that's already really good! We generally put a comma after "me": "before me, the undersigned/the prosecutor/the assigned official ...."