momentos inolvidables

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Mika7777, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Mika7777 Junior Member

Español
    Por favor:
    Me podría ayudar con la traducción de la siguiente frase?? Mil gracias.

“...... El valor de las cosas no está en el tiempo que duran, sino en la intensidad con que suceden. Por eso existen momentos inolvidables, cosas inexplicables y personas incomparables.....”

2. Porteño Senior Member

Buenos Aires
    British English
    Me gustarí tener más información con respecto a las cosas para estar seguro, mientras tanto, esto es mi sugerencia:.

The value of things is not how long they last, but rather the intensity with which they happen. That's why there are unforgettable moments. unexplained happenings and incomparable people.

Saludos

3. Mika7777 Junior Member

Español
    Gracias porteño... cosas se refiere a un "todo en general"

4. Porteño Senior Member

Buenos Aires
    British English
    Then perhaps 'experience' (in the singular and changing the verbs accordingly) might be more apt. I'm not too sure. Inspiration seems to have flown out of the window at this very moment! Maybe it needs to be rephrased:

We should not place a value on things that happen to us because of how long they last, but rather .....

5. Mika7777 Junior Member

Español
    Una pregunta?? así podría ser:

The value of the things is not in the time that last, but in the intensity whereupon they happen. For that reason unforgettable moments, inexplicable things and incomparable people exist….

6. mrbilal87

mrbilal87 Senior Member

English (NAmE)
    Hola Mika7777,

Se puede ya que se entiende, pero a mí me suena más natural así:

The value of things is not in how long they last, but rather in the intensity in which they happen. That's why there are unforgettable moments, inexplicable things (events) and incomparable people.

7. Porteño Senior Member

Buenos Aires
    British English
    I think mrbilal87 has got it all together now, the addition of the 'in', which I had omitted, sounds much better.

8. Mika7777 Junior Member

Español
    Muchas graciads