1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

movimientos de llamada

Discussion in 'Medical Terminology' started by gcmadrid, Dec 3, 2012.

  1. gcmadrid

    gcmadrid Junior Member

    Madrid, Spain
    British English
    Hi, I am working on a document about massage techniques using bamboo canes, basically I'm correcting an English translation of Spanish text because I have to record the English version for a video. There is a phrase "movimientos de rulo colectores o de llamada". This is a movement using the bamboo cane (or hand even) which encourages the release of liquids from the lymph glands to a certain "collecting point" as such, to be later encouraged to be eliminated or evacuated, via a different massage movement with the bamboo cane. I cannot find the English expression for "movimiento de llamada" anywhere. It just does not sound right to say "calling movement" or "attraction movement". I have searched and searched everywhere on the internet and cannot find an answer. Are there any English or Spanish physiotherapists/massage specialists who can throw some light on this matter for me. It is pretty urgent. Thanks very much.

    Have a nice day

Share This Page