1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

My niece fell out of the taxi and broke her leg.

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by thimbles96, May 28, 2009.

1. thimbles96 Senior Member

Essex
    English
    Recibí malas noticias sobre mi sobrina. Ella fue a visitar a sus amigos que viven en Woking en coche pero todos fueron al restaurante en taxi y mi sobrina se lo cayó y fue al hospitál en ambulancia porque ha roto la pierna.

In English, I received bad news about my niece. She went to visit friends that live in Woking in her car and they all went to a restaurant in a taxi and my niece fell out of the taxi and went to hospital in an ambulance because her leg was broken.

Please correct. Thank you, Thimbles 96.

I would like to know if the verbs are correct, eg. romper, caer etc...

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  2. c.canning Senior Member

Madrid
    English (british) Spanish (castellano)
    Recibí malas noticias sobre mi sobrina. Fué a visitar a unos amigos que viven en Woking en su coche, todos fueron a un restaurante en taxi, mi sobrina se calló del taxi y fué en ambulancia al hospital porque se partió la pierna

3. thimbles96 Senior Member

Essex
    English
    Thank you very much, c.canning. Most helpful! Regards Thimbles 96

4. Mate

Mate Senior Member

Argentina
    Castellano - Argentina
    Hola:

A diferencia de calló (de callar), cayó (de caer) se escribe con y.
    Fue no lleva tilde.

Moderator note:
    You should not ask members to examine and correct your text, but only to help you with your question about a word, a phrase or a specific subject about language usage.
    For those responding to a question: please address the specific question of the thread in your post. You may add to it brief general comments about grammar, syntax, style, punctuation and other defects in the thread starter's text, or indicate the thread where these issues have been dealt with.You should not correct or re-write the entire text in any case.

Please read this announcement.