my skills will contribute to your company's success

Discussion in 'English Only' started by uktous, Jan 7, 2010.

1. uktous Senior Member

This is a question on my job application form:
    Please describe how your personal qualities would contribute to our success.

My question:
    Can I say "my skills will contribute to your company's success"?

My answer for the application form question:
    I am confident that my skills will contribute to your company's success.
    I have team working skills, which can make your company operate more smoothly.

My opinion:
    I feel strange, because noone can guarantee that my skills must make the company successful.
    However, if I don't answer something like this, my answer will be very weak.
    I would like to see other people's opinions about whether "contribute" is appropriately used in my sentence.

2. bibliolept

bibliolept Senior Member

Northern California
    AE, Español
    It's precisely the sort of phrasing I'd expect in such a context, personally.
  3. chasfh Senior Member

Chicago, IL
    English - US
    Sounds good! You might consider tweaking the next sentence:

I have excellent teamwork skills, and I look forward to helping your company reach your goals.
  4. sdgraham

sdgraham Senior Member

Oregon, USA
    USA English
    This question shows that the employer is looking for specifics.

The above, in my opinion, appears to be an attempt to avoid the question.

I learned recently, that companies are looking for some specific buzzwords in responses to questions like this. Note that they asked about "personal qualities" in the question, NOT "skills."

I would try to work in such buzz words as "flexibility," "loyalty," "team-building," "teamwork" (as suggested above), eagerness to learn, "patience," "work ethic," etc.
  5. uktous Senior Member

personal qualities

Sorry, I guessed personal qualities include skills, abilities, expereicen, interest and characteristic before.