1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

nie pochwaliłas mi się taka piekną sesją

Discussion in 'Polski (Polish)' started by dango1, Oct 21, 2012.

1. dango1 New Member

Finnish
    Kasia, nie pochwaliłas mi się taka piekną sesją!

As you can understand "Kasia" is the name, but the rest ?
    Thanks in advance.

2. dreamlike

dreamlike Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    In your context, "Sesja" most likely means "a photo shoot", and the sentence translates into English as:

"Kasia, you didn't tell me that you had (gone on) such a nice photo shoot (photo session).

Somebody took a lot of pictures of her, possibly in a professional manner, and she just didn't boast about it. :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  3. dango1 New Member

Finnish
    Thank you so much ;)

4. dreamlike

dreamlike Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    Does it fit in your context? :) Because the explanation I've offered doesn't have to be correct. (although it probably is).

5. LilianaB Senior Member

US New York
    Lithuanian
    Hi. I personally think it means -- "you did not tell my that you passed all your university exams very well" (sesja -- exam session).

6. dreamlike

dreamlike Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    No, it's far less likely that "sesja" has been used here to mean "exam session" -- the word "piękna" indicates otherwise, it fits better with "photo session" rather than "exam session".

Of course, with no context whatsoever it's hard to tell, and we can't rule out this possibility, but it's rather unlikely.

7. LilianaB Senior Member

US New York
    Lithuanian
    I wouldn't be so sure. Context is really needed. Is Kasia a model or a university student?

8. dreamlike

dreamlike Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    Yes, a bit more of the context would not go amiss.
    To elicit the meaning you're talking about, Lil, I'd add "zdaną". Nie pochwaliłaś mi się tak pięknie zdaną sesją!