1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

No entry! Please use the other door.

Discussion in 'Română (Romanian)' started by cercolumi, Oct 15, 2012.

1. cercolumi

cercolumi Senior Member

italiano
    Hi everybody. I would like to post this advice in many languages to the pubblic whom get access to my office:

No entry! Please use the other door.

I'm sorry but I really don't know how to translate this and I'm not even able to give to you my attempt.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

2. farscape mod-errare humanum est

Ottawa, Canada
    Romanian
    Seems like an odd request but here it goes:

Intrarea interzisă! Vă rog folosiți cealaltă ușă.

Have fun :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  3. cercolumi

cercolumi Senior Member

italiano
    Hi farscape, thanks a lot for your help.

4. nicolero Junior Member

France
    Romanian
    Intrarea, nu Intearea! ;)

But however, this doesn't sound 100% good to me, I'd rather use "Accesul blocat, vă rog să folosiți cealaltă ușă!".
    "Accesul/Intrarea interzis/ă" sound too martial to me, too strong of a word in this context, unless it's a high security prison or somethin' :)

Nicole

5. farscape mod-errare humanum est

Ottawa, Canada
    Romanian
    Good catch, thanks! I need a phone with a bigger screen :)

My take on OP's message is that people can get in through that door and the OP doesn't want them to do so. If the door is locked (or the passage blocked) then your suggestion might work (accesul blocat has too many meanings and doesn't necessarily imply that the door should not be opened which, to me, is what the OP is trying to prevent).

Usually in such instances the message is cut down to a minimum as opposed to a textbook sentence/phrase which could be something like this: "Această ușă nu se deschide/este încuiată. Vă rugăm să folosiți ușa cealaltă. Mulțumim!" (This door does not open/is locked. Please use the other door. Thank you!).

Well, we're just splitting hairs here ;) "Intrarea oprită! Vă rog folosiți cealaltă ușă" should do, I think :p

Later,

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012