Non vedo l'ora di uscire da questo piramide con te, perché mi sto cagando adosso.

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by stevenscottoddballz, Oct 21, 2005.

1. stevenscottoddballz New Member

United States - New York - Canandaigua
    United States - English
    I watched the movie Alien Vs. Predator, & one asked another a question, & received the phrase in Italian. What does this phrase mean?
  2. uinni

uinni Senior Member

Italy, Italian
    "Non vedo l'ora di uscire da questa piramide con te, perché mi sto cagando:warn::warn: adosso"
    "I can't wait to exit with you this pyramide because I am frightened to death"

3. erick Senior Member

Los Angeles, California
    California, English
    Steven, cagare is the verb for "to shit," and mi sto cagando means "I'm shitting on myself" so I think we can interpret it along the lines of, "I can't wait to get out of this pyramid with you 'cause I'm having a shit!" That last part I imagine you can interpret as liberally as we do in English ...
  4. uinni

uinni Senior Member

Italy, Italian
    The literal translation of "cagarsi :warn: :warn: addosso" is the one you reported (and you still can use it in a very informal context to say that someone -usually a baby- had a shit on itself) but the meaning in this (and other context like this) is "to be frightened to death", which, of course, would require an equivalent BE/AE ":warn: :warn:" phrase to be translated into. Can you provide one? Thank you.

5. lisetta Member

UK, English
    sorry to continue in this somewhat colloquial vein, but in BE you would say:

'I'm shitting:warn: myself ' (i.e. I'm absolutely terrified)
  6. Same in AE, but there are infinite variations.
  7. uinni

uinni Senior Member

Italy, Italian
    Thank you lisetta & carrickp
    B.t.w, a much less strong plainly EQUIVALENT phrase is "farsela addosso" which in the substance is the very same expression (both in its literal and extended interpretations).
    That phrase can be used without worring of being coarse.

8. Andre Balian

Andre Balian Senior Member

English, uSA
    I would say that the version I have heard the most is "I'm shitting :warn: my pants!"

Uinni (or others), can you tell me, what exactly is farsela? WR dictionary says: present infinitive with object pronouns.

How does that work? Fare = to do, se = if, la = it.

Farsela addosso = To do if it burdens me? To do it if it burdens me? No ho capito!
  9. Silvia

Silvia Senior Member

Farsela addosso = fare (la cacca) nei pantaloni

Any better?

Nice subject.
  10. silvietta

silvietta Senior Member

Farsela= farsi reflexive
    la=essa object in this case "la cacca":warning: .
  11. cecil

cecil Senior Member

USA American English
    LOL. I return after a long absence and look what has become of this place!

I'm a bit surprised no one has suggested what is so common in our area of the US: (I can't wait to get out of here) :warn: because it scares the shit out of me.

Still can't believe this topic, but a language is a language.
  12. papeetina

papeetina Member

13. eiwalch Senior Member

USA, English
    "I'm scared shitless" or "it's scaring the crap out of me" would work.