Notice of Favorable Determination

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by I=yo, Jan 28, 2013.

1. I=yo New Member

Boulder, CO USA
    Spanish - Colombia
    Hi there,

I want some help with the translation of this title sentence for an inter-country adoption document.

This documents is from the US Citizen and Immigration Services Department, and states that the family intending to adopt a child from another country has received approval from the Department of Homeland Security to proceed with the process of requesting an orphan in adoption.

Notice of Favorable Determination Concerning Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition

I have come up with two options for the translation:

1. Sanción de la aplicación para continuar el procesamiento de solicitud de huerfanos
    2. Aviso de sanción favorable con respecto a la aplicación para continuar el procesamiento de solicitud de huérfanos

Please let me know which translation would work better, or if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

I=yo

2. robjh22 Senior Member

U.S.A. & English
    Only because no one else has offered, allow me to try:

Aviso de Sanción Favorable de Pedimento Para Procesamiento Anticipado de Solicitúd Relativo a Huerfano

I doubt seriously that this is as idiomatic as yours, but perhaps it will be of some use. I didn't want to say "solicitúd" twice, hence "pedimento."

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  3. I=yo New Member

Boulder, CO USA
    Spanish - Colombia
    Hi robjh22,

This is of great help.

I tweaked it a little and this is my new attempt:
    Aviso de Sanción Favorable de Aplicación Para Procesamiento Anticipado Relativo a Solicitud de Huérfanos.

Thank you!

I=yo

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  4. robjh22 Senior Member

U.S.A. & English
    Excellent. I learned something there as well.