numero de parte que le corresponde

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by madeinchina07, Dec 18, 2009.

1. madeinchina07 New Member

Mexican Spanish
    i really wish someone could help me with these one..
    necesito traducir esta frase:
    Recuerda que al desocupar los contenedores debes de colocarlos en los lugares asignados para estos, así como identificar el contenedor con el numero de parte que le corresponde

my try:
    Remember, when you empty the containers you must relocate them in the asigned place for them, and identify the container with the number of fairshare correspondant to the container

2. cyberpedant

cyberpedant Senior Member

North Adams, MA
    English USA, Northeast, NYC
    "numero de parte" might mean "part number"—an identification number. I don't understand your translation: "number of fairshare."

3. MGT747 Senior Member

USA
    American English
    My suggestion: Remember that after you empty the containers, you should put them back in their assigned places, so that the containers match up to their corresponding part number.

4. madeinchina07 New Member

Mexican Spanish
    thank u both, so if i say:

Remember that after you empty the containers, you should put them back in their assigned places, and identify the container with the corresponding part number.
    will be ok?

5. MGT747 Senior Member

USA
    American English
    Instead of "and identify the container with the corresponding part number," I would suggest "and match (or pair) the container with its corresponding part number." It sounds more natural to me.

6. madeinchina07 New Member

Mexican Spanish
    u're right sounds better, thanks :)

7. cyberpedant

cyberpedant Senior Member

North Adams, MA
    English USA, Northeast, NYC
    Looks good to me. Welcome to the forum.
    You might simplify the statement: " identify the container with its part number." Actually, if you're talking about large shipping containers, a better term might be "identification number," as "part number" is a term usually used for smaller things—parts of a car, machine or other more or less complex but not quite so large devices. There might be an even more precise (and possibly necessary) term in the shipping industry.

8. madeinchina07 New Member

Mexican Spanish
    im sure it is, but im not so familiar with industrial terms , and i like it more the "identification number" than the part number,
    thnks for ur help
    and thnks for the welcome :p