1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

one of your possible upcoming meetings

Discussion in 'Русский (Russian)' started by HighlyAcidic, Sep 11, 2013.

1. HighlyAcidic Senior Member

Washington DC
    English - USA
    Hello,

I writing an e-mail to a client for whom my firm is scheduling several days of meetings.

At the end of the e-mail, I am adding (as a "FYI") that it is possible that one of the meetings will be with a certain organization (but is not yet confirmed).

I want to say:

FYI, one of your possible upcoming meetings will be with representatives of [organization X]

What is the most natural way to translate this into Russian? The register should be neither too formal nor too informal. "Business casual."

My idea:

К вашему сведению, в числе ваших (возможных?) предстоящих встреч будет встреча с представителями Х

I know this sounds very awkward... but I can't think of another way to translate it!

Any thoughts? Thank you!

2. Maroseika Moderator

Moscow
    Russian
    К вашему сведению in the very end of the letter really looks awkard, as if all the rest was not к сведению. If this is an addition to the main content, I think better to say just something like Кроме того...

В числе ваших предстоящих встреч будет встреча с представителями... is also unnatural and clumsy. Better say Вы также встретитесь с... or Мы также организуем встречу с... and so on.

3. Boyar

Boyar Senior Member

Russia
    Russian
    I would suggest this translation:

Дополнительно сообщаем, что в одной из планируемых встреч, возможно, примут участие представители ...