one of your possible upcoming meetings

Discussion in 'Русский (Russian)' started by HighlyAcidic, Sep 11, 2013.

1. HighlyAcidic Senior Member

Washington DC
    English - USA

I writing an e-mail to a client for whom my firm is scheduling several days of meetings.

At the end of the e-mail, I am adding (as a "FYI") that it is possible that one of the meetings will be with a certain organization (but is not yet confirmed).

I want to say:

FYI, one of your possible upcoming meetings will be with representatives of [organization X]

What is the most natural way to translate this into Russian? The register should be neither too formal nor too informal. "Business casual."

My idea:

К вашему сведению, в числе ваших (возможных?) предстоящих встреч будет встреча с представителями Х

I know this sounds very awkward... but I can't think of another way to translate it!

Any thoughts? Thank you!
  2. Maroseika Moderator

К вашему сведению in the very end of the letter really looks awkard, as if all the rest was not к сведению. If this is an addition to the main content, I think better to say just something like Кроме того...

В числе ваших предстоящих встреч будет встреча с представителями... is also unnatural and clumsy. Better say Вы также встретитесь с... or Мы также организуем встречу с... and so on.
  3. Boyar

Boyar Senior Member

I would suggest this translation:

Дополнительно сообщаем, что в одной из планируемых встреч, возможно, примут участие представители ...