1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)
  1. 7languagetranslations New Member

mainland China
    English-UK
    Dear experts and languists,

I am translating a logistics document and would like to ask for some advice on the meaning of "la orden de pedido" in the sentence "El tiempo transcurrido entre la fecha de fabricación y la orden de pedido no debe de ser mayor al 50% de su vida útil o como mínimo debe quedar 1 año de su vida útil, a excepción de aquellos con fecha de caducidad propia y aquellos que tienen campaña específica de recogida y/o captura."

The order of order??

Looking forward to your opinions and advice.

Thank you.:)

D

2. modulus Senior Member

ইংরেজি - আমেরিক
    Can you give more translation? How do you intend to translate "El tiempo transcurrido entre la fecha de fabricación y la orden de pedido"?

3. 7languagetranslations New Member

mainland China
    English-UK
    I was planning on "The time between the date of manufacture and the order should not exceed 50% of its lifespan..."

4. modulus Senior Member

ইংরেজি - আমেরিক
    I think your translation is good. I might have said "the placement of the order". Either way, I think the repetition of the article does not sound repetitive.

5. 7languagetranslations New Member

mainland China
    English-UK
    Ah, you're right. Perhaps I should just include "placement". Thanks a lot, modulus!

6. Wandering JJ

Wandering JJ Senior Member

England
    British English
    Perhaps 'the time between the date of manufacture and the date of the purchase order should not be more than 50% of the useful product life...'

7. 7languagetranslations New Member

mainland China
    English-UK
    Ah, good alternative too. Thanks a lot, Wandering JJ.

8. SolAguila

SolAguila Senior Member

India
    Bengali-India
    Purchase order = orden de compra