1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

organismo de certificación

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by locamoca, Jan 30, 2008.

1. locamoca Senior Member

Ireland, English
    Ø Proveedor con Sistema de Calidad conforme con las normas de la serie UNE-EN-ISO 9000 y que posee un Certificado de dicho Sistema de Calidad otorgado por un organismo de certificación reconocido nacional o internacionalmente.

Supplier with a Quality System that conforms to the standards of the series UNE-En and that holds a certificate from the Quality System awarded by a nationally or internationally recognised Certification Organization

The part I am having trouble with is Certification Organization

Any takers?
    Thanks

Does the sentance sound coherent?

It is ment to be a bullet point.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  2. Gabriel Senior Member

Buenos Aires
    Argentina / Español
    I was looking exactly for this and found this thread... ununswered :(

Organismo de Certificación: Empresa que audita tu sistema de gestión de calidad (por ejemplo) y, si todo sale bien, te da un certificado que dice que el mismo cumple con los requisitos de la norma ISO 9001. Dicha empresa es una empresa privada que tú mismo contratas, pero la misma está reconocida (acreditada) por un organismo de acreditación nacional y se supone que conducirá la auditoría en forma independiente por más que le estés pagando.

Ejemplos conocidos de estas empresas son Bureau Veritas, Lloyds Register, Det Noske Veritas.

Certification body / agency / company ?

Help please?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  3. fenixpollo

fenixpollo Mod Chicken

Arizona
    American English
    The first term that comes to mind is certifying body.

In Wikipedia entries, Lloyd's Register and DNV are referred to as a classification society. Lloyds is also called an independent risk management organization.

Hope it helps.

4. Gabriel Senior Member

Buenos Aires
    Argentina / Español
    You gave me the idea to look in the Internet not for the definition or translation, but for someone that could mention these companies.
    So I went to the source. It it's ISO 9000 page, the official ISO site says:
    So I'll definitively will stick with "certification body". Thanks!