Over a brief period of time

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by tote_hose, Feb 26, 2013.

1. tote_hose Junior Member

Wales
    English & Welsh
    Ciao, I want to say;

I watched the film recently and for me, the film had a profound effect because at the beginning it showed a normal family but at the end it showed a family affected over a brief period of time by illness.

I've written this, although I'm more concerned with translating 'over a brief period of time', I am a beginner with Italian and would be grateful of any advice and correction.

Ho visto il film recentemente e per me, il film ha commosso profondamente perchè al inzio ha mostrato una famiglia normale ma alla fine, ha mostrato una famiglia ha commosso durante un breve periodo dalla malattia

Grazie!

2. Holymaloney

Holymaloney Senior Member

Italy
    English (UK) / Italian - bilingual
    Hi tote :)
    A brief period of time would be 'un breve periodo' or 'un breve periodo di tempo'. We're not really allowed to proofread here but while I'm at it, I'll just give your attempt a quick going over :D
    '...recentemente ho visto il film che mi ha commosso profondamente perchè all'inizio ha mostrato una famiglia normale ma alla fine ha fatto vedere una famiglia (tormentata/toccata/colpita) per un breve periodo/un breve periodo di tempo da una malattia...'
    Lots of room for improvement I daresay, so let's see what the 'real' natives come up with ;)

3. Teerex51

Teerex51 Senior Member

Milan, Italy
    Italian
    Ha. You're as good as they get, Holy ;)
    As a ..uh.. "real" native, I'd just put a comma between "film" and "che". That's it.

I suspect that others realer than me will soon chime in, though. :D

4. Holymaloney

Holymaloney Senior Member

Italy
    English (UK) / Italian - bilingual
    :D:D:D Thanks TR, glad my attempt wasn't that bad then ;)
    Oh, by the way, great to see you again......and about bloody time too :D