1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

over a total volume of

Discussion in 'Medical Terminology' started by la_wilsen, Dec 13, 2012.

1. la_wilsen Senior Member

Spanish
    Hi everyone!!

I'm not very sure about the syntasis of my translation and I need help to rebuild my translation into Spanish.

Text: "patients will receive XXX as an i.v. infusion, starting at 2.0 mg/day as a FD (flat dose), over a minimum total volume of 100 ml dilution (in 5% glucose or 0.9% sodium chloride) via a central catheter over one hour (at a fixed rate) and through a pump device."

My try: "los pacientes recibirán XXX como infusión i.v., empezando con 2,0 mg/día como DF, sobre un volumen total mínimo de 100 ml de dilución (en 5% de glucosa o 0,9% de sal) a través de un catéter central durante una hora (a una velocidad fija) y a través de un dispositivo de bomba."

Any help, please??

2. Sprachliebhaber Senior Member

USA English
    The English text is not clear. It appears that the patients will be given 2 mg/day of XXX, that the XXX will be diluted by an unstated amount in an aqueous solution of either 5% glucose or 0.9% NaCl, and that the patients will receive unspecified doses of this diluted product until the total of 100 ml is reached. Your question suggests that the English text is itself a translation, and that you want to translate it again into Spanish; if this is correct it would be preferable to have the original text.

3. LuzmaPerez Senior Member

México, Español mexicano
    Coincido con que el texto no es del todo claro en Inglés, pero a mí me parece que el concepto es el siguiente:
    "Los pacientes recibirán el fármaco xxx a manera de infusión i.v., con una dosis inicial de 2 mg/día (dosis sin ajuste por peso), en un volumen mínimo para dilución de 100 ml (de solución glucosada al 5% o cloruro de sodio al 0.9%), a través de un catéter central a pasar en una hora (a velocidad constante) mediante bomba de infusión".
    Saludos!