1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Pag may problema ka, wag kang magpapakamatay

Discussion in 'Tagalog and Filipino Languages' started by DreamSeeker, Jul 29, 2012.

1. DreamSeeker New Member

English
    Hello, I saw the following on an online posting, but I cannot understand it - can someone help me out?

I've attached the picture seen as well. 427168_3812599591298_247162526_n.jpg

I believe it is a humorous line - but don't understand it. Any help is appreciated!

2. meowchi New Member

Philippines
    Filipino - Bicolano
    Your right this is a Filipino Joke. :)

TRANSLATION:
    If you have problem, do not commit suicide! Just think of the expenses!

COFFIN: P20,000
    WAKE: P8,500
    BURIAL: P15,000
    COFEE & BREAD: P1,500
    CHIPS/JUNKFOOD: P3,000
    & most of all, you will also disturb those people working.

So if you have problem, just text me..

THE BAR: P75
    NESTEA: P10
    ICE: P5
    BOY BAWANG: P10

That's only for P100! You got it for a very cheap price, and you've got a friend to share it with.
    ------------------
    The message of the joke is -- think of the expenses before killing yourself, if you have problems just call a friend , drink & get drunk!

Some clarifications:
    "At higit sa lahat, yung mga taong may trabaho, naiistorbo mo pa" (the translation is a bit confusing & i think the phrase is trying to say is that every person is busy enough dealing with their own lives & if you die you'll disrupt their routine because they'll have to visit your wake & burial.)
    "THE BAR: P75" (that's a brand of Vodka)
    "BOY BAWANG: P10" (Junkfood made from fried corn kernels in garlic flavor)

Hope this helps. If you have questions feel free to ask. :)

3. Hanna145 New Member

Australian
    That's what I like about the Filipino people, they always knew how to deal with their problems. I have so many Filipino friends and I admire their ability to laugh their troubles off. :)