Pago del recibo de Liquidación de Cotizaciones

Discussion in 'Financial Terms' started by emytf, Jun 17, 2007.

1. emytf Senior Member

Canary Islands
    English born in England
    Hi! I wonder if anyone can help me with this phrase: Pago del recibo de Liquidación de Cotizaciones.
    I realise this is to do with shares but cotización is usually translated as price or value in banking language, isn´t it? I can´t seem to get the wording right.
    I would be grateful if anyone can come up with a solution.
    Thanks again to you all,
    Emy

2. lloyds Senior Member

Ciudad de Buenos Aires
    Spanish-Argentina
    Shares is, in Spanish, Acciones. (The part of the company that the owner of the "acción" has got) "Cotizaciones" is, as you said, "precios" o "valor". Up to here, I`m certain. Now, I suppose, your phrase into English would be something like: "Receipt of Values / Prices Settlement payment"
    What`s your opinion?

3. teatom

teatom Senior Member

Bogota Colombia
    German, fluent in English and Spanish
    Saludos a (Gran) Canaria!!!
    Are you sure, Emytf, that you are dealing with shares??? My guess would be that someone paid contributions/cotizaciones into a superannuation/retirement/or investment fund and wants her/his money back.This would be a liquidation. Also 'pago de recibo' sounds strange I would rather go for 'recibo de pago': i.e. someone pulled her/his invested sum out of a fund and has to sign a declaration about this transaction. Hope I'm right.

4. lloyds Senior Member

Ciudad de Buenos Aires
    Spanish-Argentina
    So, the word Liquidation exists in English related to earnings distribution?

5. teatom

teatom Senior Member

Bogota Colombia
    My dear Lloyds: whenever I have doubts about financial terminologies, I go to this web page. Look up Liquidation there. Oh, first time I inserted a link and it worked!!!Good luck.

6. lloyds Senior Member

Ciudad de Buenos Aires
    Spanish-Argentina
    I hate to dissapoint you, but when I click on the link you mentioned, the answer is "Servidor no encontrado". I`m not sure if it`s my pc`s fault or your fault. Could you please check, I`d like to read it.
    Thanks

7. teatom

teatom Senior Member

Bogota Colombia
    Hi, this dictionary is called investopedia. ciao

8. lloyds Senior Member

Ciudad de Buenos Aires
    Spanish-Argentina
    Ah! I know it. I`m gonna try later, now I`m busy... having coffe!!

9. Sherlockat

Sherlockat Senior Member

Australia
    Castilian (Patagonian)
    To shed light on the issue, I think your question refers to "recibo de Liquidación de Cotizaciones previsonales, doesn't it?

The sentence "Pago del recibo de Liquidación de Cotizaciones" is to do with a "social security (or superannuation)" context. At least in my experience, It's very characteristic of the Chilean Social Security Market (AKA AFP). So, It's nothing to do with Shares or Stocks. Your phrase in context dear Emyft: http://www.safp.cl/safpstats/stats/sist_previsional/cont1_cotizaciones.html

I'm going to try to do my best in a suitable-ad-hoc translation, if I'm wrong..tell me!

As it's an especial term one should make a literal translation of it: Payment of the Social Security receipt/statement