1. plustranslations New Member

Venezuelan Spanish
    Estoy traduciendo calificaciones certificadas y en algunas de las materias veo anotaciones "EX" y entiendo que significa asignatura o curso eximido
    ¿Cómo se traduce al inglés la palabra eximido en este caso?

Pienso que puede ser "exempt" pero no estoy segura puesto que la clase no es exempta de ser cursada. Se trata más de pasar o aprobar con honores o por sobre el promedio normal. ¿Será que igual se traduce exempt?

Gracias anticipadas por aclarar esta duda

2. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

No, "exempt" would mean the person didn't have to take the course. Why do you think "eximido" means "with honors" or something like that here?
  3. plustranslations New Member

Venezuelan Spanish
    Exactly what I thought but I was not sure. I am unable to find any accurate information on it whatsoever. Eximido in spanish, I understand, is above average, usually a student with a passing grade of 18 and up is considered "eximido or eximida"
    If there is a majority of courses "eximidos" the student is passing with honors.

Do you know the translation of eximido?

Thanks K-in-sc in advance for your help!
  4. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

See what other people say, but educational systems vary so much between countries that I bet you're probably just going to have to explain it with a N de T.
  5. St. Nick Senior Member

The adjective eximio could mean 'distinguished' in this context.
  6. plustranslations New Member

Venezuelan Spanish
    I look forward to other responses. What is N de T? Excuse my ignorance there please K-in-sc
    Thank you St Nick, I think "disntiguished" could be applicable in this case
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  7. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

Translator's note
  8. plustranslations New Member

Venezuelan Spanish
    got it! thank you very much k-in-sc!