1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Payment should have be (been) done....

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Anirakita, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Anirakita Junior Member

Germany
    Spanisch Ecuador
    Hello People!!
    Could you help me to correct this sentence please?? I´m not sure if its right wrotten, especially this part: Payment should have be or been done towards BenQ HQ....

BenQ tried to receive the last cash pay of Siemens about € 50 Mio. earlier. Payment should have be done towards BenQ HQ Taiwan instead of BenQ Germany.

thanks for the help

2. ROYA_7 Junior Member

Madison, WI
    English, USA
    Could you help me to correct this sentence please?? I´m not sure if its right wrotten, especially this part: Payment should have be or been done towards BenQ HQ....

BenQ tried to receive the last cash pay of Siemens about € 50 Mio. earlier. Payment should have be done towards BenQ HQ Taiwan instead of BenQ Germany.

Earlier, BenQ tried to receive the last cash payment from Siemens in the amount of 50 Euros. The payment should have been made to BenQ HQ Taiwan instead of BenQ Germany.

Is that what you were trying to say?

3. gothictranquility Junior Member

English; United States
    Assuming I am reading this correctly, Siemens is who you are expecting the payment from, and you are expecting to receive "about € 50 Mio.". If that is correct, I would say:

"BenQ tried to receive the last cash payment from Siemens for about € 50 Mio. earlier. Payment should have be made (out) to BenQ HQ Taiwan instead of BenQ Germany."