Per quanto riguarda quest'ultimo punto

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by kiki85, Feb 14, 2008.

1. kiki85 New Member

Italian
    Hello everybody.
    I have to write an email to a secretary and I find it difficult to express this sentence...
    "Per quanto riguarda quest'ultimo punto, se i miei miei punteggi ritardati (cioè che sono in ritardo) possono essere considerati, vorrei chiedervi a quale indirizzo email è meglio che li comunichi"

I tried to translate
    "Regarding this last point, if my late results can be considered, I would ask you to which email address I should tell them"

Can you help me?
    Thank you very much!!

2. TrentinaNE Senior Member

USA
    English (American)
    Not too bad. :)
    But you can be more concise and direct in English: "Regarding this last point, if my late results can be considered, to which email address should I send them?"

Elisabetta

3. kiki85 New Member

Italian
    thank you so much!
    I'd like to be very formal and "kind" with this secretary because I'm asking her a huge favor... and she could answer "no"...
    Would my translation with your precious markings work better than your second suggest?

4. TrentinaNE Senior Member

USA
    English (American)
    In that case, I suggest, "..., would you be so kind as to tell me which email address I should send them to?"

Good luck! :)

Elisabetta

5. Snowman75

Snowman75 Senior Member

Sydney, Australia
    Australia (English)
    If you want to make it more formal and polite, try this (assuming it makes sense in the context, of course):

As far as this last point is concerned, if there is any possibility at all that my late results might be considered, to which email address should I send them?