percorso da intraprendere per inserirsi nel campo della

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by s111, Nov 7, 2013.

1. s111

s111 Senior Member

Germany-Italy
    Italian
    Dear forum, I have lot of difficulty with this translation.
    Is there anyone who can help me?
    Thank you.

MY ATTEMPT: On this occasion I want to thank Professor X who -with accuracy, discipline and love for art succeeded in organizing an exhibit of artifacts. The latter intended as an experimental didactic research, that is the path to join the field of graphics and to interpret the requests of our time.

In questa occasione ringrazio il prof. X che con rigore, disciplina e passione per l'arte ha saputo organizzare una mostra di artefatti che segue una ricerca didattica abbinata alla sperimentazione e che rappresenta il percorso da intraprendere per inserirsi appieno nel campo della progettazione per interpretare al meglio il sentire e le istanze della nostra epoca.

2. elfa

elfa Senior Member

Bath, England
    English
    Hi s111:)

I've had a go at translating your paragraph into more user-friendly English. However, it would really help to have a little more context surrounding it.

I would like to thank Professor X who, with his customary thoroughness, discipline and enthusiasm, has succeeded in organizing an exhibition of artifacts intended as experimental didactic research and which represents an approach to immersing oneself fully in the field of
    graphics and interpreting as expertly/accurately as possible the aspirations? of our times.

3. s111

s111 Senior Member

Germany-Italy
    Italian
    Thank you Elfa:)
    the text deals with the greetings of a son of an important artist who want to thank the Institution which organized a Welcome-day for him.
    So the context is formal and academic ;). The artifacts he is mentioning are inspired by the work of this artist. Hope this can help!

4. elfa

elfa Senior Member

Bath, England
    English
    Maybe this might be better

I would like to thank Professor X who, with thoroughness, discipline and enthusiasm, has succeeded in organizing an exhibition of artifacts intended as experimental didactic research and which represents a way of getting involved in the
    graphics field and of best interpreting the challenges of our times.

5. s111

s111 Senior Member

Germany-Italy
    Italian
    Elfa, that is exellent!!!

6. elfa

elfa Senior Member

Bath, England
    English
    We aim to please ;)